The end of the year is coming. Church of the Palms is happy to work with you to achieve your giving goals so that your year-end gifts get credited to 2017.
- Give at one of these remaining Sunday services: December 10, 17, 24 or 31. Unless designated, offerings received at the two special Christmas Eve services at 4:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. will go towards missions)
- Mail your check to Church of the Palms, 1425 Okatie Highway, Okatie, SC 29909 postmarked by December 31, 2017.
- Bring your gift to the church office during regular business hours. Please note the office will only be open until noon on December 29 and not open on December 30 or 31 or January 1.
- If you plan to give via our VANCO online giving feature using a credit or a debit card, you can do so at www.palmsumc.org/donate. Please ensure the donation is posted to the system no later than 2 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, December 28 to ensure it can be recorded as a 2017 gift (as it takes 24 hours to process). Donations made on Friday and Saturday won’t be processed until the next week and will be considered a 2018 gift.
- If giving stock or funds managed by a broker, ask for a transfer to be completed by December 31, 2017. Since many banks and brokerage firms require a letter of instruction to transfer shares, contact them soon to start that process if you are planning for a 2017 deduction. Remember, if you have held shares long term, you can take a charitable deduction for the stock’s full fair market value on the date of the gift and avoid capital gains taxes.
Please note that by IRS regulations, any gifts received on January 1, 2018, cannot be credited in 2017 but will be reflected on your 2018 statement.
Thank you for your faithful support of the ministries and missions of the Church of the Palms.