Boy Scouts aim to Encompass a boy's personal qualities, values, and outlook.
- A Scout learns confidence, honesty, and self-respect.
- A Scout respects other people, regardless of differences.
- A Scout practices his religious beliefs.
- A Scout works among others in a troop with rules based on the common good.
- A Scout learns about and takes pride in his own national heritage.
- A Scout understands social, economic, and governmental systems.
- A Scout learns service, tolerance, and community involvement.
Mental and Physical Fitness
- A Scout improves his physical condition through exercise and outdoor activities.
- A Scout encourages good health habits.
- A Scout discourages drug, alcohol, and tobacco use.
- A Scout learns sound judgment, resourcefulness, and decision-making skills.